Ingram Micro Mobility, a division of Ingram Micro Inc. is expanding device-recovery service operations at a key returns center in Plainfield, Ind. to support the increasing demand for mobility device repair, refurbishment and recycling. Anticipated growth at this facility alone is expected to reach 15 percent this month.
“Exceptional device-recovery services are crucial to ensuring customer satisfaction and maximizing returned-device value,” said Bashar Nejdawi, executive vice president, Ingram Micro and president, North America, Ingram Micro Mobility. “Our mobility supply-chain expertise coupled with device repair capabilities is helping the mobility industry and tech companies keep pace with rapidly-increasing industry demands.”
In North America, Ingram Micro Mobility refurbishes or recycles more than 40,000 returned devices every day. The company’s device recovery services help glean the most value from returned devices through reputable resale and an environmentally-responsible cradle-to-cradle lifecycle. In an industry where products lose value quickly, Ingram Micro Mobility provides access to the parts, sales channels and expertise needed to generate untapped profit from recaptured devices. It also provides serialized tracking, monitoring and flexible reporting for clear end-to-end visibility.
Ingram Micro Mobility’s secure device-recovery services facilitate:
- Returns – Supporting and simplifying product returns via device trade-in, individual and bulk retail returns, and exchange by mail. And, ensuring accuracy though comprehensive serialized return-shipmentverification.
- Triage – Determining a returned device’s optimal recovery path through quality inspection, Dead on Arrival (DOA) and warranty qualification, and permanently erasing previous-user data.
- Repair – Quickly and cost effectively refurbishing devices through manufacturer certified processes, as well as re-flashing and re-kitting.
- Recycling – Responsibly disassembling irreparable devices into recyclable parts to prevent adverse environmental effects and improve the manufacturer’s bottom line.
- Remarketing – Generating value from returns by restocking, warehousing, fulfilling new orders and or selling via a global parts and device selling network.
Ingram Micro Mobility delivers supply chain, distribution and recovery solutions across all aspects of the mobility device lifecycle, through responsiveness and focused execution. The Mobility division helps boost accessibility of connected and mobile devices, wearables, machine-to-machine technologies and accessories in the marketplace by solving customers’ complex logistical challenges. Ingram Micro Mobility’s device lifecycle services include capabilities such as warehousing, software loading, e-commerce, advanced planning, order management, accounts receivable and credit management, end-user fulfillment, and reverse logistics, including wireless device repair, triaging, refurbishment and recycling services.