Well- no matter how you cut it DSE (Digital Signage Expo) 2012 was a raving success!
According to Chris Gibbs the President of Exponation, LLC, which produces Digital Signage Expo advised “Not only was the show a success by all quantitative measures, but the quality and number of end-users who attended helped create a positive energy that kept the show floor humming right up to the ‘closing bell”
In raw numbers that equated to:
• 4,024 qualified attendees (excluding exhibitors) – a 9% increase over 2011
• Record conference attendance
• Record international attendance from a total of 69 countries
• Record exhibit sales: 62,440 net square feet – a 4% increase over 2011
But honestly, that’s only half of the story. If you attended the show you didn’t need those numbers to confirm the expo was electric and has become a one stop shop for any and all things digital signage.
I personally found myself:
• Staying longer so I can take in classes such as the Digital Signage Display Expert (DSDE), and Digital Signage Network Expert (DSNE) certification programs.
Special thanks to Alan and Jonathan Brawn of Brawn Consulting for driving the message that knowledge not only differentiates you from your competition it’s cornerstone to success in this industry! (http://www.brawnconsulting.com)
• Marveling at the upcoming technologies such as 3D displays and transparent digital signage glass
• Engaging more vendors, resellers and potential partners to understand what the industry looks like for them and how Ingram Micro can play a role in their development.
The biggest buzz this year imo (In My Opinion) was how main stream vendors are embracing interactive technologies, and some of the of the largest standouts for me were:
o Sharp: Who demonstrated a whopping 80in Interactive display (http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/LCDTVs/LC80LE632U.aspx)
o Cisco- who continues push the envelope of signage and introduced the “Cisco® Interactive Services solution set”
o Samsung- Who demonstrated their New SUR40 Interactive Touch Screen With Up to 52 Points of Touch
I can’t wait to see what DSE will cook up for us next year, and for those interested it will be February 26-28, 2013, at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas NV… see you there!
Signing off, Technically Yours;
– Tom Jones